The weekend is here, in amongst all the madness and fantastic things you can see and do in this fair city, do also take time to be kind to yourself. Christmas can be a very busy and stressful time of year. There is no point in organising wonderful things if you are too wound up to enjoy them. I’m off dancing tonight to blow off some steam. I love it, great fun and by accident, not design a bit of a workout too. If dancing sounds too energetic then basking in a soapy warm bath goes a long way to soothe a furrowed brow, or if time is lacking then I find a cheeky gin is a helpful short cut (you will drink responsibly though, wont you?)! Having a tummy full of good food is the best and easiest place to start, and on that we are here to help!
(P.S. the café is closing at 3 today, please forgive me, I’ve been wanting to see Caravan Palace for a few years now and I booked the ticket in May!)
City Arts is based 11-13 Hockley, near Desi Downtown and the Ice Stadium.
- Hummus, Olives and Pitta Bread. £3.50 (VG, GF Bread is available, please ask)
- Bean Salsa and Tortilla Chips £3.50 (VG)
- Mexican Rice Soup £3.50 (VG)
- Huevos Rancheros (eggs poached in a smoky tomato stew served on a tortilla) £4.50 (D, GF bread is available, please ask)
- Fideo (Mexican pasta dish, toasted vermicelli in a vegetable, chilli and tomato sauce, with feta crumbled over the top) £5.00 (D, can be served vegan, please ask, GF pasta is also available)
- Granola Bar £2.00 (VG, N)
- Orange and Polenta Cake £2.50 (D)
- Peanut Butter and Banana Pie £3.00 (Raw, VG, N, GF)
- Chocolate Fudge Tart £3.00 (Raw, VG, N, GF)
D = Made with Diary Products
VG = Vegan
GF – Gluten Free
N – Contains Nuts
All food is prepared in an environment where allergens may be present, if you have a specific query please ask and we will be happy to help.